- Draw Anzu. It's just that easy.
Anzu is a Devil, a type of low-level demon specializing in fire magic. During her younger years, she discovered that she was able to wield water magic as well (Something very rare amongst her kind.) Even though her skill level is pretty average, her ability to use two elemental magics allowed her to attend a prestigious magic academy. This is where she met Iso and Nia and became their good friend.
Anzu is humble and always friendly, though she can be a bit clumsy and air-headed at times (read: Natural moe charm ). Despite being the same age as Iso and Nia (18 years old), her shorter stature, small chest, and taste in cutesy clothing makes her look several years younger than she actually is. Anzu is terribly embarrassed by this despite the constant reassurance from her friends. After all, it's hard to accept being flat-chested when all your friends have huge boobs Anzu is also rather sensitive about her trademark pitchfork. When Anzu was little, the other kids teased her, saying that she looked like the "Underworld Deviled Ham" mascot because she was a Devil with a pitchfork. Because of this, she tries to convince everyone that her weapon is a trident instead. I guess tridents are cooler. I don't know...
Anzu is passionate about two things: books and spicy food. She loves to read, but will often get so engrossed in her book that she may wander off without paying for it/checking it out of the library. She has gained a reputation amongst book sellers as a customer to keep an eye on Hot peppers are Anzu's favorite thing to eat. She has an extremely high tolerance for heat and would just assume have all her meals be spicy (even dessert. Chocolate-covered jalapenos, anyone?)
- Draw Anzu
- When you are completed, upload your work to your deviantArt gallery and send me a NOTE with your entry. If you leave it on my front page I may miss it.
- You can enter more than once but you can only win one prize.
- It must be 100% your own work (meaning no collaborations or bases).
- Sorry, but visual art only. I am in no position to judge literature
- No traces, copies or reproductions, or else I will rain fire and brimstone down upon you
- It has to be a work made for this contest. This means the picture needs to be submitted to your gallery after this journal's post date. It also means that you cannot enter a picture I commissioned as it was not made for this contest.
- First Place: $50 USD I will pay this out through PayPal. If you do not have PayPal I will give you the equivalent amount of points (4000).
- Second Place: $30 USD I will pay this out through PayPal. If you do not have PayPal I will give you the equivalent amount of points (2400).
- Third Place: $15 USD I will pay this out through PayPal. If you do not have PayPal I will give you the equivalent amount of points (1200).
- Runner-Up (x3): 400 Points There will be three Runner-Up prizes given, each will receive 400 points.
- I will choose the winners based on which ones I consider my favorites. Yes, I will take technical aspects into consideration, but really, it will boil down to which ones I like best.
- The deadline is 05-January-2014 at 11:59pm Eastern Standard Time. You can check the timezone here.
- Q: Can my entry be digital or traditional?
- A: Yes, you can create your entry in whatever visual medium you choose. You don't get "extra points" for using one or an other.
- Q: Does it have to be colored (or full-body, or anime-styled, etc)?
- A: Draw your entry however you see fit. Want to draw a full-body, full-color drawing with an intricate background? Go for it! Want to draw a chibi or a simple head shot? That's cool too! Want to draw a hyper-realistic portrait? A-okay in my book! I'm not going to tell you what to draw. I'm interested in seeing your creativity
- Q: Can I draw Anzu with one of my own characters/your characters?
- A: Sure! If you'd like to include one of your own OC's (or even one of my own characters) in your entry, go right ahead.
- Q: Can I change her outfit?
- A: Absolutely! I love dress-up just as much as the next woman
- Q: Can I enter more than once?
- A: Yes, enter as often as you'd like. Just remember though that you can only win once.
- Q: Can I draw Anzu as a wolf/cat/robot/dinosaur/etc?
- A: No. Please respect her design and keep her humanoid
- Q: Can my entry contain Mature Content?
- A: Yes, just make sure your entry does not violate any of dA's policies
EntriesYou can find the entries in this collection
Questions?If you have further questions, please feel free to ask me in either a note or a comment here
Good luck, and I look forward to your wonderful entries!