Weekly update/ 18 September: 13 days left to enter this contest. There are currently only 23 entries, so it's still anyone's game! I dunno how much more I can push this all on you without being obnoxious!
Oh hey there! Do you want my money? Well you're in luck because I'm looking to give it away!
All you have to do is draw my Final Fantasy 14
character, Shio! Wow!
Create an illustration of my FFXIV character, Shio. Super easy!
^^ Please make sure to click this banner! It provides up-to-date info and visual refs for Shio! ^^
- Create an entry featuring Shio
- Only traditional or digital illustrations will be accepted.
- Entries must be safe-for-work (i.e. No excessive violence or nudity, and no sexual content.)
- When you are completed, upload your work to your deviantArt gallery and send me a NOTE with your entry. If you leave it on my front page or in this journal, I may miss it.
- Only one (1) entry per person.
- It must be 100% your own work (meaning no collaborations or using other peoples' bases).
- No traces, copies or reproductions!
- Please make life easy for me and mention somewhere (like the title, or description) that your entry is indeed made for this contest. Otherwise I may consider it simply as gift art.
- First Place: $100 USD
- Second Place: $50 USD
- Third Place: $25 USD
Prizes will be paid out via Paypal. If the winner does not have Paypal or simply want points instead, then the equivalent amount of points will be awarded ($1 = 100 points)
- The deadline is 01 October 2017 at 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time. You can check the timezone here.
- Q: Can I join?
- A: Yes, everyone is welcomed to join. No need to ask permission, nor do you need to notify me of your intentions of entering.
- Q: Are chibis/headshots/etc okay?
- A: As long as you submit an illustration that doesn't break any contest rules, you can draw as much or as little as you want. Keep in mind that First Place is $100, so I would strongly suggest putting in some effort with your entry. An uncolored headshot sketch is probably not your best bet
- Q: Why are you only accepting illustrations as entries? I wanna do pixel art/write a story/etc!
- A: In order to keep things as fair as possible, I want to limit the entries to just illustrations. It's difficult to compare pixel art, literature, photomanips, comics, etc against each other. That's like comparing apples, oranges, and lemons and trying to determine which is the "best" fruit when they're all so different. I'd rather just compare apples to other apples, so to speak So for that reason, I am limiting entries to just traditional and digital illustrations.
- Q: Can I draw a genderbent/furry/pony/etc version of Shio?
- A: No. Please respect her design and keep her as she is.
- Q: Can I change her outfit?
- A: If you would like to draw her in different clothes, then feel free to do so.
- Q: Can I change her hair?
- A: No. Her hairstyle and hair color need to remain as is.
- Q: Weapons are hard @__@ Do I HAVE to draw her weapon?
- A: No, you are not required to include her weapon in your entry
- Q: Can I include other characters in my entry?
- A: Yes you may. However, keep in mind that Shio needs to be the primary focus of your entry.
- Q: I'm not happy with my current entry. Can I edit it, or submit a new one?
- A: If you want to edit your entry, or just submit a different one instead, that is totally fine with me. Just notify me of the changes and such. And, obviously, make sure you do so before the deadline
If you have further questions, please feel free to leave a comment here or send me a note. Make sure to read this journal first though (as well as take a look at the character refs and info)!
For your consideration
This is a contest, not a race. Take your time and put in your best effort with your entry!
I have put together a collection of my past contest winners. I highly suggest taking a look at this to better understand what sort of illustrations are most likely to win in terms of amount of detail/composition/etc!
Please bear in mind that even though I favor cute anime and cartoon styles, no particular art style is "banned" from entering. Everyone is welcomed to enter so long as they follow the actual contest rules listed in this journal
Thank you for your time and good luck!